Two-Thirds of Brits Love The Mood Boost They Get When Doing Something Eco-Friendly
Two-thirds of Brits admit to loving the mood boost they get when doing something environmentally conscious, according to a new survey.
A poll of 2,000 adults found they take pride when buying products that reduce their impact on the environment, and when washing out tubs to reuse them—as well as disposing of food waste in their very own compost bin.
Half also get a buzz from taking a ‘bag for life’ to the shops with them, while spirits are lifted for one in three when ditching single-use wipes in favor of reusable ones.
And two in five are making more effort to visit zero-waste shops to refill old bottles and pots with produce, instead of buying it in packaging.
The survey was commissioned by household cleaning brand Ecover to mark the launch of the Ecover Refillery—a reused petrol station fighting plastic waste with refills.
Tom Domen, Ecover’s global head of long-term innovation, said, “A small change can make a big difference.
“The simple act of refilling a plastic bottle can make you feel good, while also reducing the amount of plastic waste sent to landfill.
“That’s why we urge you to choose to reuse and join the ‘refillution’ by opting for refillable, reusable household products where you can use the packaging over and over and over.”
The poll also found 41 percent think the government should be doing more to make refilling as accessible as recycling.
And one in five want to make refilling their products and pantries a priority for the year ahead.
In fact, over half (53 percent) would use ‘refill’ shops more if they had one closer to home, while more refillable stations in mainstream supermarkets would make 62 percent more likely to reuse rather than recycle.
But millions of Brits are already making valuable swaps—including refilling water bottles, reusable coffee cups, and opting for reusable bags.
Ecover’s Tom Domen added, “Refill stations are becoming increasingly common across the country, and a simple search will tell you where your local store is.
“By the end of 2022, we aim to help people refill their Ecover bottles over three million times in the UK—which would be the equivalent of one refill every 10 seconds.
“Just remember that plastic can last a lifetime, so let’s all put it to work.”
The Ecover Refillery will be open to the public for two days:23rd March (10am – 7pm) and 24th March (9am – 7pm), at 69 Borough Road in London.
TOP 20 ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES TO PUT BRITS IN A GOOD MOOD:
1. Taking a reusable bag shopping
2. Turning lights off when not in use
3. Reusing food leftovers
4. Washing out plastic containers and recycling them
5. Turning things off at the socket when not in use
6. Using a reusable water bottle
7. Turning down the heating/using the heating less often
8. Washing out packaging/ plastic bottles to reuse them
9. Cycling or walking instead of driving somewhere
10. Washing clothes at 30 degrees
11. Using a food container instead of clingfilm or foil
12. Using reusable cloths instead of single-use wipes
13. Eating less meat
14. Washing clothes less often
15. Disposing of food waste in compost
16. Upcycling or repairing items and clothes to give them a second life
17. Shopping for plastic packaging-free fruit and/or veg
18. Buying second-hand items
19. Buying eco-friendly products
20. Putting leftover food into a compost bin
SHARE the Good Green News With Eco-Minded Pals…