Bird Fair quick thoughts
- Bird Fair 2019 was great
- the weather was mostly OK but rain on Friday made the slithering around in places part of the fun – I can’t remember a recent Bird Fair when we’ve had to do that (but they all merge into one really)
- I met some interesting new people and some interesting old friends and heard some good gossip
- I hardly got to a talk, but the ones I attended were very good: Paul Thomas had a small audience but his talk was very funny, Simon Tonkin and Niki Williamson did a good job in explaining how a bird tour company can help to make birding travel more sustainable, Ruth Tingay was ace on Friday and the Bird POTY prize winners were, as always, contentious and fascinating
- the food was good – miles better than a few years ago (just miles better)
- the pint of cider and pint of beer I had were both delicious
- everyone was very friendly
- I’ll be back next year
More considered thoughts soon.
Were you there? What did you think?