Episode 178: EVs vs. muscle cars, more Circularity 19 voices
Week in Review
Tune in around 8:55 for commentary and highlights from last week’s Circularity 19 conference start around 23:55.
- 10 takeaways from Circularity 19
- Addressing the material risk of climate change in your company
- Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs proposes mobility nirvana
The Circularity 19 speakers featured in this episode are:
- Erika Karp, founder of investment advisory firm Cornerstone Capital
- Lauren Yarmouth, circular economy lead for design firm IDEO
- Kate Davenport and Lynn Hoffman, co-presidents of Eureka Recycling
- Tawanna Black, founder and CEO of the Center for Economic Inclusion
Can your muscle car do that? (34:00)
Nonprofit Veloz was created in 2018 to build consumer awareness for the benefits of electric vehicles. Executive Director Josh Boone chats with GreenBiz Senior Writer Katie Fehrenbacher about the EV adoption curve, plus that hilarious new educational video Veloz created with former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
* All music in this episode by Lee Rosevere: “Credit Roll,” “Ennui,” “Thinking It Over” and “As I Was Saying.”
What’s new at GreenBiz?
Know someone on the cutting edge? Nominations are officially open for the second VERGE Vanguard feature. If you know an individual who has demonstrated particular leadership in catalyzing the clean economy or a cleantech sector, nominate them! We’re looking for 20 individuals who are:
- inspiring an equitable, inclusive transition to a clean power grid;
- laying the roadmap for a zero-emissions transportation system;
- enabling communities and companies around the world to draw down levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide; and (of course!)
- creating the framework for a more circular economy.
Do we have a newsletter for you! We produce five weekly newsletters: GreenBuzz by Executive Editor Joel Makower (Monday), Transport Weekly by Senior Writer and Analyst Katie Fehrenbacher (Tuesday), VERGE Weekly by Executive Director Shana Rappaport and Editorial Director Heather Clancy (Wednesday), Energy Weekly by Senior Energy Analyst Sarah Golden (Thursday) and Circular Weekly by Director and Senior Analyst Lauren Phipps (Friday). You must subscribe to each newsletter in order to receive it. Please visit this page to choose the newsletters you want to receive.
Check out our Center Stage podcast, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
The GreenBiz Intelligence Panel is the survey body we poll regularly throughout the year on key trends and developments in sustainability. To become part of the panel, click here. Enrolling is free and should take two minutes.