Sunday quotes (13)
A series of quotes relevant to the environment and/or campaigning.
Here are 10 quotes about Brexit.
- Brexit is for the richest in our country – they can afford recessions.
- Brexit was a fantastic example of a nation shooting itself full in the face.
- The government cannot be just consumed by Brexit – there is so much more to do.
- Brexit was the first brick that was knocked out of the establishment wall.
- This is a deal that a nation only signs after being defeated in war.
- F**k knows. I’m past caring. It’s like the living dead in here.
- There is a sense of resignation among most people who voted Remain that we have to ‘man up’ – even the women among us – and make the most of what we know will be a rotten Brexit.
- The British have chosen liberty with Brexit and can congratulate themselves every day.
- The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want.
- We’re not really interested in a transition deal but we’ll consider one to be kind to the EU
Who said them? Answers below.
Answers: 1, George Osborne; 2, Hugh Grant; 3, Theresa May; 4, Nigel Farage; 5, Yanis Varoufakis; 6, an anonymous British cabinet minister when asked why Theresa May is going back to the House of Commons for another vote that she will lose; 7, Anna Soubry; 8, Marine Le Pen; 9, Michael Gove; 10, David Davis.